On the job, your comfort should be a top priority. Long shifts demand a breathable pair of scrubs that fit just right. A single zip, knot or clasp should outfit you for any surprise, and your patients will undoubtedly reap the benefits of your self-ease.
Finding the best scrubs can be challenging. But if you’re looking for a new pair, consider Figs. On the market since 2014, Figs recently updated its products to ensure long-term durability and overall security. Here are some pros and cons of the brand, reviewed by real nurses at FreshRN and Nurse.org:
- A thick, flexible, yoga-pants style waistband
- According to a number of reviews, the pants feel as comfortable as workout gear.
- Thicker than most scrubs (but not heavy)
- With a soft, durable fabric, the material fits very securely. You won’t feel like you need to pull them up or adjust too often.
- Stylish and wrinkle-free
- Not baggy like other scrubs. And with different colors to choose from, you’re sure to receive some compliments at work.
- Heavy fluids roll right off instead of absorbing.
- The fabric, lined with the antimicrobial agent silver, helps reduce the spread of hospital-acquired infections
- For every set purchased, another set is donated to a health care professional in need
- Click here to learn more about Figs’ Thread for Thread initiative.
- Approximately $38 for a top and $48 for a bottom.
- Not enough pocket room
- Having to juggle many things at once, pockets are often a nurse’s salvation. This Catarina top, though slimming, has only one breast pocket to store your stuff.
- Lacking a badge reel clip
- Unlike some newer scrubs, Figs tops do not come equipped with a small hook near the shoulder to clip your badge onto.
Figs Scrubs Review From a Nurse, FreshRN.
Figs Scrubs Review By Real Nurses – Men’s And Women’s Scrubs, Nurse.org.
Last updated on 10/3/19.