From continuing education to nursing schools, educational resources to help you advance.
For Physician Assistants:
- Physician Assistant Education Association (PAEA). The name pretty much says it all—you’ll find everything you need to stay educated as a PA, from continuing ed to in-person workshops.
- The PA Life. As a lay resource, the PA Life is comprehensive, with everything from mock video interviews to help you land your dream job to an employment directory and even free downloads, such as letter-of-recommendation templates.
- American Association of Colleges of Nurses (AACN). You can search a state directory for schools associated with AACN to find accredited nursing schools. Accreditation is very important and you may not qualify for financial aid without attending an accredited school.
- Healthfinder.gov. Although this is more of a consumer website, it’s still a helpful resource for health education for you to keep updated and a great resource to direct your patients, too.
- AACRN free continuing education for nurses. The AACRN offers an entire library of free continuing education courses for critical care nurses, but they also offer a few selections online for free that can serve any specialty.
- American Nurses Association. Along with professional development resources, ANA provides continuing education courses that you can trust for renewing your license requirements.
- National Healthcare Provider Solutions. You can get certified in everything from basic CPR to Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) completely online through this resource, and find free resources such as practice quizzes and mega code simulations.
- American Journal of Nursing. Touted as the “leading voice of nursing since 1900,” this journal offers additional resources outside of its helpful pages, such as continuing education and a video library.
For Nursing Students:
- NCSBSN. The NCSBSN is more of a regulatory agency for nursing exams, but you can get vital information, such as NCLEX prep, sign up to take the NCLEX, and access pretty much any resource you could ever need in the nursing field with their online library.
- Pearson portal. The NCSBN also provides you with access to your Pearson portal, to get updates on your NCLEX test, take practice exams, and find your results.
For Nurse Practitioners:
- AANP. For NPs looking for educational resources for patients or their own understanding, the AANP offers a helpful resource library that is broken down and searchable by practice area, from women’s health to orthopedics and more.
- Journal for Nurse Practitioners (JNP). You get access to the JNP as an AANP member, but even if you’re not a member, you can check out the latest headlines and request a free print subscription.
- Nurse Practitioner Associates for Continuing Education. If you’re an NP, you’ll find this resource valuable for continuing education and conferences in your specialty that can help you advance your career.